Tuesday 31 March 2020

Hammerhead 2020


The first wargames show of the year for me was Hammerhead at Lincolnshire showground. It is a great show as all of the games are participation games. I went by myself this year, It was just before the UK virus lockdown, so it was a bit of a subdued atmosphere, and although it was great to see all the games set up, and all the effort everyone had put in, I didn't hang around all day like I normally would. I visited the stalls and checked out all the games. I stocked up on hobby supplies, and washed my hands a lot. Then I was off back home again... The highlight for me was seeing Peter Dennis and his paper soldiers in action! Absolutely fantastic!


I picked up the show deal from West Wind games for EMPIRE OF THE DEAD... a Victorian Horror skirmish game.. it was £60 for two factions, the rulebook and a set of tokens. The miniatures are metal, and are really nice. I picked Vampires and Holy Orders.... Looks like a fun game, and another project to add to my list!
All other games shows this year have either been cancelled or postponed until after the summer... so that's it now until optimistically October??... maybe...

Here are a few pictures I took whilst I was there:








Peter Dennis and his paper miniatures...

No comments:

Post a Comment