Monday 20 August 2018

PARTIZAN Wargames Show - August 2018

I had a great day out yesterday at the PARTIZAN wargames show at the Newark Showground... It is a smaller show than the Hammerhead show that they have at the same venue - just using one building rather than two, But there was some great stuff to see and do. Half the hall were demonstration games, and the other half were participation games... plus there were lots of stalls selling miniatures, scenery, books and wargaming supplies..
 





 
My friend Lizzy who likes skirmish games also came over with me from Sheffield.. and we tried out a handful of games in the participation area...
 
Deadzone

Gaslands.



"Cliches of the Russian Generals" (??)

Test of Honour.
   I picked up some interesting books from the second hand book dealer -  a couple of Osprey books on ancient Romans, and a big hardback book with beautiful illustrations called "Warfare in the Ancient World" by General Sir John Hacket... I got a few trees and small resin buildings for some 6mm scenery pieces I'm going to make for D.B.A.... and I couldn't resist getting a couple of packs of really nice 28mm Gladiators from Crusader Miniatures that will make a cool warband for the "Broken Legions" skirmish game...

No comments:

Post a Comment