Saturday 7 July 2018

Frostgrave at C.O.G.S....

The Chesterfield Open Gaming Society meet every Monday evening. A few people in their group have been playing Frostgrave regularily over there, and I've been wanting to go over and join in for a while now. Due to family stuff I can't usually get out on a Monday - but something came up, and I did manage to get over this week at last! It's only a 25 minute drive from my house - The C.O.G.S. meet in a church hall near the football ground in Chesterfield. On the evening I went, here were quite a few different games going on; board and card games as well as some interesting looking 6mm wargames , and 3 games of Frostgrave...
 
I had told the Frostgrave guys I was coming via their Facebook page, so they were expecting me - they were very friendly and welcoming. One of the guys had prepared a new starter warband to play against me. We had a great game - It looked like things were going my way until a wandering zombie scored a critical hit on my Wizard!  

 
As you can see from the pics, they had some fantastic scenery - all made by one of the guys there... the buildings were all scratch built and have removable roofs... and all the stonework stuff was made using "Hirst Arts" molds - very cool! - And really nice to play on.. They got set up in about 20 minutes, from boxes in the back of a car - to this table set up!
 
Apparently they've started playing Gaslands regularily at their club too...
I'm hoping I might have a few more chances to get over again in the school holidays to get a few more games in...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment