Thursday 17 March 2011

Cardboard Cultists, Creatures & Cthulhu

I was listening to NEWS FROM PNAKOTUS podcast the other day, they mentioned in passing that someone had a designed a papercraft ELDER THING (from the H.P.Lovecraft story At The Mountains of Madness) that you could print, cut out and glue together... I tracked it down... and a whole world of paper monsters has opened up to me!!
    I was really into Miniature wargames as a teenager, from the Games Workshop Warhammer universe... progressing on to historical wargames..and my favourite of all time was the old LASERBURN 15mm sci-fi game by Tabletop Games... I spent a lot of my youth in my bedroom painting figures and writing scenarios... then came girls and thrash metal... but that's another story!
    Anyhow - check this out... the guy who's done the Elder Thing is Wayne Peters... he's got a website called CROWSTUFF...and you can get the Elder Thing here : http://www.crowstuff.co.uk/temp/Elder_Thing.pdf

   There also is a fantastic website called ONE MONK MINATURES.... not only are there CULTISTS, DEEPONES and a friggin Huge CTHULHU paper model... but there are hundreds of other paper miniatures to download for free!! - I've got to track some other geeks down to play some Lovecraftian cardboard horror games!! The guy who does One Monk also runs the Cardboard Warriors Forum where there are loads of links to other free cardboard models...

Another guy who's got some really nice Horror / Zombie designs is Adam Steel - he does DARKMOOK miniatures - some really nice stuff... he's got a blog - and looks like he's working on a downloadable zombie boardgame too... sounds great!!


Nearly forgot.... News From Pnakotus podcast is here: http://www.yog-sothoth.com/local_links.php?catid=2

No comments:

Post a Comment