Tuesday 8 March 2011

At The Mountains Of Madness - Graphic Novel

AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS - Graphic novel by I.N.J.Culbard... http://strangeplanetstories.blogspot.com/  I picked this up at last years Thought Bubble Comic Convention... Mr Culbard himself was doing book signings - and drawing Lovecraftian creatures in everyone's books... I got me a "Gug"! - Fantastic!! - This book is so lovely - his drawing style is bold, the use of colour is just beautiful, the whole thing is a delight... This is of course an adaptation of the H.P.Lovecraft story, and Mr Culbard has done such a good job - I can't recommend this enough! - Apparently Del Toro's film adaptation of the same story is going to be made next year... with Tom Cruise..!!???... anyhow, turns out that I.N.J.Culbard is working on another Lovecraft adaptation - The Case of Charles Dexter Ward... not sure when that's going to be out, but I'll certainly be getting a copy when it does...

Also he's also doing a Lovecraftian comic collaboration with the guys from Hppodcast.com.. called  DEAD BEATS which looks like it's going to be great! - not sure when that's coming out either, but you can see the first few pages on their website... http://deadbeats.hppodcraft.com/

I.N.J.Culbard also has done 4 Sherlock Holmes graphic novel adaptations and the Oscar Wilde classic - The Picture of Dorian Gray... He's a very tallented chap with excellent taste in literature.


No comments:

Post a Comment