Saturday 16 March 2019

RANGERS OF SHADOWDEEP - Getting things ready...

 Rangers of Shadow Deep is a new game written by Joseph A. McCullough, the writer of FROSTGRAVE. This time he has decided to self-publish his game through the "Drive Through RPG" website. It is available either as a digital download, or as a print on demand physical book that can be ordered from the site. The game is based on the Frostgrave rules engine, but is designed specifically for solo or co-operative play and is more story focused, and magic plays a lesser role.
 
I told my son about the game, and he seemed interested. He's been wanting to have a go at Frostgrave for a while now, and I thought that this might be a better way to get him into this style of gaming -  I think a game of this length will hold his interest more if it is co-operative.
 
So we have decided to try a two player campaign. This means we get a Ranger and a mini warband each. I designed two Rangers with assistants and let my son have first choice.
 
My Son's Team.
My Team
 
Here are our starting characters:
 
Arthur - Ranger
 
Malvolio - Conjuror
 
Hattie - Recruit
 
Fern - Guardswoman
Jennifer - Ranger
Geoffrey - Warhound

Archibald - Archer

Roderick - Man-At-Arms

As our campaign progresses, we may want/need to swap out some of our characters for others, so I have painted enough models for every type we may require:
Conjuror


Swordsman


Archer

Barbarian

Tracker
Recruit
Man-At-Arms
Knight
Villager
Villager

Villager
Villager


Savage

Templar

Rogue

Arcanist


Guardsman
 
 
And I've made a start on a few creatures:

Giant Flies and Giant Fly Demon



No comments:

Post a Comment