Monday 3 September 2018

Day trip to the Royal Armouries...

Today was the last day of the school holidays (and my last day off work for my 2 week summer holiday)... so for a final day trip I took my son to the Royal Armouries museum in Leeds - It was a great day out - very interesting indeed. They have a huge collection of arms and armour from ancient times up to modern. There really is a lot to see. Personally I found the Ancient and Medieval bits the most interesting.. the more modern stuff not so much, although it was good to see the collection of screen printed CND and Anti-War posters they had from the 1980's.
 

Roman Swords


 
This was the highlight for me - a huge diorama of the Battle of Agincourt using 28mm miniatures (they looked like they might be Perry Miniatures - but not 100% sure on that) - the black rectangles around the edge are periscopes that let you see the battlefield from the miniatures eye level... very cool!!





Some inspiration for a future DBA army??

No comments:

Post a Comment