Friday 16 November 2012

Desert Army....


 
 
So it's time for a 15mm sci-fi update..... I've been working on these guys for a while now, it's my second army for GRUNTZ. This time I'm painting up a desert resistance force. It's a mish mash of models from various sources, but I think they're fitting together nicely so far...
 
The figures are the Rebel Minis "Sahadeen", and to add a bit of variety I've swapped a few of the heads for the GZG extra ones with gas masks etc.... The 2 vehicles I've done so far are Matchbox toys (see earlier post). The walkers are from Khurasan miniatures... the battle suit is from Critical Mass Games... the spider bots are also from GZG...and the little bot dudes are some old Peter Pig minis I've had lying around for ages....
 


 
This is my first attempt at hand painted camo.... I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out. Although I am tempted to get hold of some of the "MASK FX" products by CMG to try next time.... the finished camo effects look ace - but then again I haven't got an airbrush... bah!
 

 
 
 
These are the GZG headswap guys...
 





 
I've got some GZG and OLD CROW vehicles to work on next...
 

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Looks slightly rag tag yet recognisably one army. The colour of the bases and static grass work well together too.

    ReplyDelete