Monday 19 March 2012

DOOM - Sheffield 16/3/2012

Not only were DOOM playing in Sheffield for (correct me if I'm wrong) the first time ever... but they were playing at a working men's club at the bottom of the hill from our house. Doom have always been one of my favourite bands - so I had to go! Unlike the early 90's when I used to be one of a handfull of folks who organised punk gigs in Sheffield and we were lucky to get 20 people to turn up to a gig, It seems that apocalyptic d-beat punk rock is quite popular with the kids these days - so it was great to see such a huge turn out! - Four bands played - CRY HAVOC, WOLFBEAST DESTROYER, THE WANKYS and DOOM. It was a great gig - excellent atmosphere - good to see so many faces - old friends and new - and all the bands were rocking (except for the Wankys - I'm not really into that tuneless fuzz noise thing... but that's just my oppinion!). DOOM were completely excellent - and finished their set with "Means to an end"...people were shouting for more - but how could they possibly follow that with anything better!


CRY HAVOC

WOLFBEAST DESTROYER

DOOM

DOOM

DOOM

DOOM


No comments:

Post a Comment