Saturday 13 August 2011

Old figures - New Bases...


These are some old figures I painted about 20 years ago, they are 15mm Laserburn Szithks. I recently rummaged them out from a dusty box under my bed to try out the basing technique I saw on the TINY SOLITARY SOLDIERS blog ( http://tinysolitarysoldiers.blogspot.com/2011/02/tutorial-base-texture-for-15mm-models.html ). I followed his technique, but I wanted a more "red mars" effect to the base, so I used brown as a base colour, did a wash of diluted chaos black, dry brushed the base brown again, then did two highlights - a brown orange mix - and to finish a light drybrush of orange. The orange grass is "Martian Dawn" from Antenocitis Workshop. The bases on the little guys are 20mm plastic bases from 15mm.co.uk - and the one for the warbird is an old 25mm one I found left over from some old GW figures I used to have...

I'm very pleased with this "red mars" look - so I'm going to base all my new figures this way for continuity....






I can't remember how I painted these little guys - it's such a long time ago - It seems to be a basic drybrush and wash effect - I think they still look pretty striking - especially with their new bases!

These Szithk figures are still available from 15mm.co.uk:

No comments:

Post a Comment