Tuesday 8 February 2011

mini comic review...

QUEEN MUM ADVENTURES #1 & #2
 Two little A6 size comics by David O'Connell.... picked these up at the Leeds "Thought Bubble" Comic convention 2010...probably my favorite purchase of the day...and they came with a topical William & Katie engagement portrait - how exciting! Issue #1 is entitled "Mine's a gin and tonic".. the Queen mum's giant corgi homunculus destroys the local betting shop...and then she ends up inviting a load of gimps back to the palace for a G & T.... The adventures of the Queen mum continue in issue #2 - "The Green Lady Mystery"...a haunting tale of royal jealousy and giant robots!! I love the simple but excellent drawing style,I like the minimal use of colour which works really well - and ultimately they made me laugh out loud!Very funny indeed! After checking out Davids web site http://tozocomic.com I found out that the main thing he's up to is writing and illustrating a more serious comic called TOZO which seems to be an adventure comic in a vaguely TINTINesque vein... looks good (I shall investigate further!)... but I want more Queen mum adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment