Saturday 23 March 2019

Hammerhead - 2019

This year's Hammerhead was a great event - at the Lincolnshire Showground again, two large rooms of participation Wargames.
 
This year I decided to enter the Wargames Illustrated painting competition. I entered two categories: "Fantasy Group" with my Warhammer Nightvault Briar Queen warband and "Kallistra Unit" with a unit of 10mm Skeletons from my Warmaster Tombkings army. The standard of painting was totally in a league above what I am capable of, some absolutely fantastic paint jobs - so I didn't stand much of a chance... I did however come 2nd in the "Kallistra" category (as there were only 3 entries!) - apparently all the top 1-3 in every category will appear in a feature in the May 2019 edition of Wargames Illustrated... so that's pretty cool!
 
I only had a go at one of the participation games this year - the guys from COGS had three tables of the Kings of War Vanguard skirmish game... it is a more complicated Frostgrave type of game.. was good fun, and there were some interesting miniatures - I particularily liked the "Northern Alliance" set with the giant bear rider. Personally I'm going to stick to Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadowdeep though - I like the more accessible system. 
 
Kings of War - Vanguard (Mantic Games):


 
Random pics from Hammerhead 2019










No comments:

Post a Comment