Tuesday 12 June 2018

Walking Dead All Out War....

This last year I've been playing quite a lot of Mantic's "All out war" Walking Dead game. This is a fun game, full of strategy and theme. The game can either be played co-operatively, or as a head to head skirmish game. There have been four expansions so far that follow the narrative of the walking dead comic books. Personally, I'm really enjoying playing the game in its competitive head to head mode...
 
Teams of survivors battle it out...
 
I've entered a few competitions, the latest one was at the Mantic factory in Nottingham. There were only six competitors... but it was a great day out, we played 4 games on different boards - everyone was really friendly. I won a couple of prizes... for best painted, and best scavenger group...
 
I was chatting to the Mantic dude who was running the day, and I asked him about the popularity of the game. He told me that sales have been really good, and people seem to really have taken to the co-operative aspect of the game more than the skirmish side of it. This was interesting to me as I'm more drawn to the competitive version. The fifth expansion apparently will be opening the game up more into a big battle skirmish game on double sized boards - which is definitely up my street!

The next big Walking dead event at Mantic HQ will be the Survivor day in August...  I will definitely be attending.
 

Me (left) winning a prize!
 
One of Mantic's lovely walking dead boards..



No comments:

Post a Comment