Friday 27 July 2018

Frostgrave - "The Silent Tower" scenario

A successful adventure for my Orc Witch and his warband... It was the "Silent Tower" scenario from the main rulebook and we used the Ulterior Motive cards... mine was "capturing starlight" and Lizzys was "Rescue mission". Off to a good start - both my archers took out members of the opposite team with high rolls on their first shots! Both teams managed to get two treasure tokens each off the board with out any trouble... a couple of skeletons wandered onto the board at one point, but were soon finished off by Lizzys thugs...my apprentice made it to the runic stone at the end of the third turn, just as the sky went dark reducing all line of sight to 12", and successfully completed the "capturing starlight" mission. 
 
 
The table set up for "the silent tower"
Then things started to go badly for my opposition... Lizzys Apprentice tried to make it to the magic gateway to complete her Ulterior motive, failed twice to roll a success, and was quickly intercepted and finished off by a couple of my team. Whilst Lizzys wizard was being harassed by one of my archers, my Witch made it to the top of the tower and picked up the special treasure... at this point an angry bear wandered on... Lizzys crossbowmen tried to get into a position where they could get a shot at my slowly descending witch, but they couldn't get a clear shot... the angry bear spotted Lizzy's weakened wizard and ran at him adding to his misery by bitting of his toes leaving a permanent injury... my Witch then made it off the board ending the game. The special treasure was worth 3 rolls on the treasure table... so I ended up with a couple of new grimoires, a nice amount of gold and some magic "robes of arrow turning" which will be handy against Lizzys team of crossbowmen in future battles!
 









 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment